Monday, February 27, 2012

Finally.... I Started A BLOG!!!! Better late than never.

Welcome Everyone! I have been thinking of starting a blog dedicated to my thoughts about all things science for far too long. So, finally here it is....

This blog is titled "Not So Basic Science" and you may be asking why. Well, there is nothing basic about Basic science, ask any of the postdocs in my department or former PhD classmates. Essentially, everyday we dive into uncharted waters and try to make discoveries that can be translated to the clinical field to cure,treat and prevent disease. This kind of work is hard, frustrating, sometimes thankless and at times incredibly rewarding.

My plan is to not make this blog too structured. Some days I may go on a rant, tell a joke, give my opinion or simply explain something 'Sciency' that you may not know or is a myth. There is so much garbage, lies and misinformation out there and I hope to spread some scientific education along the way.

I hope you all enjoy this blog and I welcome all comments. PS-please subscribe, follow and tell your friends about it.

In a future post I will explain what I do, but I think this comic strip sums it up...Replace postdoc with PhD in this comic and it explains my life...



Best,
Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment